What is Tolerance Stacks?
Engineers are always confronted with the dilema -
- What should be the tolerance values that need to be assigned to
- How will the part feature tolerances add up (influence) assembly
build and function?
Study of the effect of part tolerances in assembly build as well as
assignment of individual part feature tolerance for a specified
assembly build form the basis of mechanical tolerance stacks.
Why Perfom Tolerance Stack Analysis?
- Eliminates ambiguity in Drawing Generation
- Confirms to Standards
- Eliminates re-work
- Selective Tolerancing controls Cost
- Eliminates Rejection
- Reduces per-piece cost
- Helps understand and correct process deviations
- Increases profitability
Why SigmundWorks for Tolerance
leverages on power SolidWorks
functionality in G D & T to predict Assembly Build. Some of
the benefits include:
- DimXpert - completeness and correctness of Drawings according to
ASME Y 14.5 / ISO Standards
- Ease of Use
- CAD Integrated Tolerance Analysis inside SolidWorks for powerful
- Tolerance Optimization for least Cost
- Exhaustive Report of Assembly Build Prediction
- Estimation of PPM Rejections at Design Stage
- Interference Check for tolerance variations
is a Tolerance Analysis software Designed and Developed by Varatech
- Dimensional Management Experts